The national information hub for NCCP Swimming Coach Certification can be found HERE. This includes:
- Upcoming NCCP Swimming Courses
- Education Pathway for Coaches
- Coach Challenge Applications
If you have any NCCP related questions, please contact Lindsay Taylor
Additional multi sport NCCP coaching courses and educational funding opportunities can be found through the Coaches Association of Ontario.
Important courses offered through CAO include:
- Required for Level 2 Age Group Coach
- Teaching & Learning, Design a Basic Sports Program, Basic Mental Skills (Part B)
- Required for Level 3 Senior Coach
- Developing Athletic Abilities
- Coaching and Leading Effectively
- Prevention and Recovery of Injury
- Psychology of Performance
- Leading Drug Free Sport
- Managing Conflict
Any individual wanting to practice the profession of coaching or teaching swimming to a member of Swim Ontario/SNC must be a member of Swimming Canada, their provincial governing sport body and the Canadian Swimming Coaches & Teachers Association.
This is done through the Swimming Canada National Registration System.
Club Coaches - please contact your club administrator to assist you with your registration.
Independant Coaches - please email Heather Dwinnell for information on how to register as an independant coach.