The Swim Ontario Coaches Committee (SOCC) is dedicated to supporting Swim Ontario member coaches. The SOCC strives to enhance the quality of coaching in Ontario by offering programs that educate both through classroom and practical on deck experience. Funding provided through these programs is designed to off-set expenses incurred by the Coach.
Note: Funding initiatives are valid for activities undertaken April 1st, 2016 to March 31st, 2017 inclusive.
In all cases, the applicant coach must be a member in good standing with Swim Ontario and CSCTA, with a minimum certification of Level 1 or be Skills Coach Certified.
Questions can be directed to the SOCC Chair - Ken Anderson
2016 National Conference Subsidy
- To assist and encourage early registration to the CSCTA National coaching conference in Toronto, September 28 – October 2, 2016.
- $100 to be reimbursed to the first 50 coaches registered for the conference before Aug 1. $5000 allocated to this initiative
Ontario Coach Education Assistance Program
- To provide Ontario Coaches with access to funding to subsidize relevant Coach related educational opportunities
- Up to $50% of budgeted experience
- $5000 allocated to this initiative
- The applications must be submitted prior to:
- May 30th 2016 for up to $1500 reserved for experiences with the Swimming Canada National teams as selected from April (2016) trials.
- February 1st 2017 for all other experiences. Approval of projects to take place in early February with reimbursement to be provided prior to March 31, 2017. Application may take place after the project.
- The applicant must identify the benefit to the Swimmer/Coach
- The applicant must identify the benefit to the coaching community
- The applicant must be available to present at the Swim Ontario Conference or Coaching Excellence Series
- The applicant must provide letters stipulating fees or expenses covered or not covered by other funding partners
- The applicant must submit budget showing legitimate expenses for items such as travel & accommodation
- Successful applicants must submit a report and any eligible receipts within 14 days of being approved by SOCC to fund a portion of the identified experience. Be sure to keep a record of these expenses in the event that your application is approved for funding. Approved applications will only be funded when such documentation has been supplied and verified
Note: Funding cannot be used for expenses related to NCCP accredited courses or initiatives.
Olympic and Paralympic Staging Camps
Personal (non-staff) coaches of Olympic and Paralympic coaches are eligible to a prorated share of up to $2000 earmarked to assist them in attending the staging camps. The $2000 will be prorated based on standard mileage, reasonable accommodation, and standard per diem submissions. Receipts and applications due Oct 31/2016