Education & Professional Development Fund
The Swim Ontario Coaches Committee (SOCC) is dedicated to supporting Swim Ontario member coaches. The SOCC strives to enhance the quality of coaching in Ontario by offering programs that educate and provide mentorship opportunities as follows:
- Funding is initially limited to the lesser of $1000 or 50% of the total cost not already covered by other stakeholders, per approved project, until the maximum total budgeted funding amount is reached.
- If the funds allocated to these projects, are not fully used by March 1, 2018, Swim Ontario and the OSCC may consider funding previously approved projects to a higher level, to use the remaining funds.
- Funding provided through these programs is designed to off-set expenses personally incurred by the Coach.
- An accounting of other stakeholders’ contributions, may be required as part of the application process.
- All applications must be supported by receipts.
- In all cases, the applicant coach must be a registrant in good standing with Swim Ontario, Swimming Canada and CSCTA, with a minimum NCCP certification of Level 1.
Funding application are dealt with on a first come first served basis and will be limited to and prioritized as follows:
- Approved experiences with Swimming Canada National teams and Jr Teams (application submitted prior to Sept 30th, 2017)
- Individualized visitations to “world-class” programs, at an appropriate performance level, with a defined benefit to the coach’s particular skill development.
- Other approved in-person mentorship opportunities.
- Other swimming projects deemed beneficial to the larger Swim Ontario Community.
Note 1: Funding initiatives are valid for activities undertaken April 1st, 2017 to March 31st, 2018 inclusive. And opportunities that arise from July 2018 Canadian Swimming Trials.
Note 2: Swim Ontario staff, Swimming Canada staff, and Service Providers inside the HPC-O and the Ontario Swim Academy, are not eligible to receive this fund.
Note 3: NCCP coach certification courses are not eligible for this fund. There are other fund applications available. Please contact Swim Ontario for more details.
Note 4: Fund recipients may be required to publicly present an overview of their project/experiences.
Questions can be directed to the SOCC Chair - Ken Anderson