Although the Club Officials Chair and Administrators have different roles and responsibilities within their club structure they play an important role in developing an official at the Club Level.
- Medium to larger clubs will have teams working these positions.
- Smaller clubs could manage with one person doing both positions.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities for COC and COA (Club Officials Administrator)
The Club Official Chair (COC)
- Coordinate in-person clinics for your club - see Officials Clinic
- Recruitment of officials for Swim Meets
- Work with Regional Officials Representative (ROR) in ensuring official’s continuous development at the Club Level and beyond
Overview of Officials Recruitment
The Club Official Administrator (COA)
- Manage the Swimming Canada officials registration database
- Communicate notices to officials within the club from Swim Ontario and ROR
- Provide updates to COC
- List of officials and certification
- Contact information of officials
Overview Swimming Canada database