- To provide support to those athletes attending the World Para Swimming Series for classification purposes or high performance competition opportunities.
- Up to a maximum of $2000 per athlete depending on the location of the competition and expenses. To be finalized by the Performance Programs Manager
Criteria and Regulations Eligibility:
- Swimmers must be invited to compete in the World Para Swimming Series by Swimming Canada.
- Funding is given to those swimmers who are required to travel to the World Para Swimming Series for International Classification purposes
- Swimmers must submit a budget and application for consideration for funding to the Swim Ontario performance Programs Manager prior to March 20, 2018.
- In the event that swimmer competes in more than one World Para Swimming Series competition, only one competition will be supported.
- Funding is not eligible for those who are participating in a World Para Swimming Series meet as part of a fully funded Swimming Canada initiative (NextGen camp, etc.)
- Swimmers must be a member of a Swim Ontario club in good standing for the duration of the 2017-2018 season
Eligible 2018 Competitions:
- World Para Swimming Series – Copenhagen, Denmark – March 2-4, 2018
- World Para Swimming Series - Indianapolis, USA - April 19-21, 2018
- World Para Swimming Series – Sao Paulo, Brazil – April 26-28, 2018
- World Para Swimming Series – Lignano Sabbiadoro, Italy – April 26-28, 2018
- World Para Swimming Series – Sheffield – May 31-June 3, 2018
- World Para Swimming Series – Berlin – June 7-10, 2018
Duties to Qualify for Funding:
- Swimmers must complete the online budget and application to be eligible for consideration for funding to the Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager prior to March 20, 2018. Approval of the distribution of the funds is at the discretion of the Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager.
- Swim Ontario will provide payments before April 30, 2018 processed to the individual making the application
Amendments and Unforeseen Circumstances:
- Unforeseen Circumstances:
In the event of unforeseen or unusual circumstances, as determined by Swim Ontario Selection Committee, the committee shall have the full discretion to resolve the matter as it sees fit, taking into account factors and circumstances that it deems relevant.
- Changes to this Document:
The Swim Ontario Selection Committee reserves the right to make changes to this document, which in its discretion are necessary to ensure the best distribution of funds. Any changes to this document shall be communicated directly to Swim Ontario members by website publication forthwith.
Swim Ontario’s Authority for Decisions:
- All matters relating to the funding distribution for the World Para Swimming Series are the sole authority of the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee makes decisions relating to this funding based on the approved Swim Ontario criteria and requirements.
- All decisions of the Committee are final and not subject to review or appeal
Swim Ontario Selection Committee:
- Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager
- Swim Ontario Coaching, Competitions and Communications Coordinator
- Please complete the application on or before March 20, 2018.