Criteria and Regulations Eligibility:
- Swimmers must be invited to compete in the World Para Swimming Series by Swimming Canada.
- Funding priority is given to those swimmers who are required to travel to the World Para Swimming Series for International Classification purposes
- Swimmers must submit expenses with receipts to the Swim Ontario performance Programs Manager prior to July 28, 2017
- If a swimmer competes in more than one World Para Swimming Series competition, please submit all expenses and receipts together by July 28, 2017
- Funding is not eligible for those who are participating in a World Para Swimming Series meet as part of a fully funded Swimming Canada initiative (NextGen camp, etc.)
- Swimmers must be a member of a Swim Ontario club in good standing for the duration of the 2016-2017 season
Eligible 2017 Competitions:
- World Para Swimming Series – Copenhagen – March 11-12, 2017
- World Para Swimming Series – Sao Paulo – April 21-23, 2017
- World Para Swimming Series – Sheffield – April 27-30, 2017
- World Para Swimming Series – Indianapolis – June 9-11, 2017
- World Para Swimming Series – Berlin – July 6-9, 2017
Duties to Qualify for Funding:
- Swimmer must submit expenses to the Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager prior to July 28, 2017
- Approval of the distribution of the funds is at the discretion of the Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager.
- Swim Ontario will provide payments on or before August 31, 2017
- Repayment will be processed to the individual incurring the expense
Eligible Expenses for Funding:
- Travel expenses (transportation, hotel, food, etc.)
- Meet expenses
- Other expenses as approved by the Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager
Amendments and Unforeseen Circumstances:
In the event of unforeseen or unusual circumstances, as determined by Swim Ontario Selection Committee, the committee shall have the full discretion to resolve the matter as it sees fit, taking into account factors and circumstances that it deems relevant.
Changes to this Document:
The Swim Ontario Selection Committee reserves the right to make changes to this document, which in its discretion are necessary to ensure the best distribution of funds. Any changes to this document shall be communicated directly to Swim Ontario members by website publication forthwith.
Swim Ontario’s Authority for Decisions:
- All matters relating to the funding distribution for the World Para Swimming Series are the sole authority of the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee makes decisions relating to this funding based on the approved Swim Ontario criteria and requirements.
- All decisions of the Committee are final and not subject to review or appeal
Swim Ontario Selection Committee:
- Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager
- Swim Ontario Coaching, Competitions and Communications Coordinator
Please submit all expenses and receipts to Darin Muma, the Swim Ontario Performance Programs Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org), by July 28, 2017.